The Recipe For Making Low fat Greek turkey burgers. These Greek Turkey Burgers, mixed with Kalamata olives, feta, and spinach,combine all my favorite Greek flavors and can be served with or without the bun. Turkey burgers can be healthier than hamburgers made with ground beef, but it all depends on the ground turkey's fat content. This healthy turkey burger recipe marries two of my favorite things: Burgers and Greek-inspired flavors.
Greek Turkey Burgers With Low-Fat Tzatziki. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. To make the burgers, put the lemon zest, remaining mint and garlic into a large mixing bowl and stir. You can make Low fat Greek turkey burgers using 16 ingredients in 8 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Low fat Greek turkey burgers
- Fill 1 pound of 99% lean ground turkey.
- Fill 1 tablespoon of dried mint.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- Insert 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Fill 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Fill 1 teaspoon of sumac.
- Add of Hamburger bun.
- Insert of Lettuce.
- Fill of For Tzatziki:.
- Add 1/2 cup of nonfat yoghurt.
- Prepare 1/2 of cucumber.
- Fill 1/4 tsp of dried mint or 1 teaspoon fresh mint.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sumac or lemon juice to taste.
- Insert 1/4 tsp of salt.
Try our healthy Greek turkey burgers meal prep recipe. See how to prepare this recipe step by step and a list of ingredients. The added fat content from the Kalamata olives and feta gave the burger the added flavor and moisture it needed to be enjoyed throughout the week for meal prep. These delicious turkey burgers get their great flavor from traditional Greek flavors like mint, yogurt, feta, red onion, and cucumbers.
Quick Step To Make Low fat Greek turkey burgers
- Preheat oven to 425 F..
- Combine turkey, spices (except sumac), and olive oil in a bowl and mix (easiest to do with your hands)..
- Form a log and divide it in half. Divide each half in half again to make 4 equal portions, or divide them in three parts to make 6 equal portions for a lighter portion size. At this point you can freeze the balls for later use..
- For each burger, press flat to form a patty. Coat each side with 1/2 teaspoon sumac. Set on silicone baking mat..
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Flip burgers and bake an additional 5 minutes. If you want to toast the hamburger buns, place in oven last 5 minutes if frozen or last 2 minutes if not frozen..
- Peel and grate half a cucumber, omitting the seeds. Squeeze the water out of the grated cucumber..
- Mix grated cucumber with yoghurt, salt, mint, and sumac or lemon juice..
- Top bun with tzatziki and burger, add lettuce to burger, enjoy :).
I tweeked it a little bit by adding some minced garlic, fresh ground pepper, and a little marjoram to the meat mixture. This is my healthy version of my greek stuffed burger. It's just as tasty but alot less fat and calories. Some of my changes were: ground beef/lamb.ground turkey feta cheese.fat free feta greek yogurt.fat free greek yogurt caramelized. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. That's how to make Low fat Greek turkey burgers Recipe.