The Recipe For Making Baked buttermilk oatmeal. Healthy baked oatmeal recipe with buttermilk and a bit of favourite jam. This is a baked porridge dish, or an oatmeal breakfast baked buttermilk oatmeal. Cornmeal gives these hearty oatmeal pancakes a crisp texture.
This pumpkin baked oatmeal is the most delicious autumn breakfast. Why Do We Need Buttermilk Anyway? If we don't have buttermilk in the fridge, the closest substitute would be another dairy product with a little acidity added — milk with a. You can make Baked buttermilk oatmeal using 9 ingredients in 4 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Baked buttermilk oatmeal
- Fill 50 g (1/4 cup) of light brown soft sugar.
- Fill 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Mix 55 g (1/4 cup) of coconut or groundnut oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 125 g (1 1/4 cup) of rolled oats.
- Add 1/4 tsp of fine salt.
- Add 80 g (1/3 cup) of buttermilk.
- Fill 3 of heaped tsp of your favourite jam.
- Mix 1 of little butter for the dish.
Buttermilk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk make up the three milks in this cake. Recipe developer (and baking pro) Erin McDowell loves that the buttermilk lightens up the base of the cake. The acidity of the buttermilk also reacts with the baking powder or baking soda, leaving a delicious and delightfully light texture. Buttermilk can be used in biscuits, cakes, pancakes, fried chicken.
Easy Way To Make Baked buttermilk oatmeal
- Mix the sugar with the oil in a bowl, add the cinnamon, salt and the bicarbonate of soda. Stir in the rolled oats and the buttermilk until it comes together..
- Butter the sides of a small gratin dish, 18 x 13cm (7 x 5 inch). Alternatively use 4 individual ramekins..
- Spread the jam on the bottom of the dish and spoon the oats mix on top. Smooth the surface with a spoon..
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180C/350F/gas 4 for about 30 minutes until golden and crisp on top. Leave it to stand for 10 minutes and tuck in. Also great with a dollop of yoghurt..
Add the oat mixture and the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just. I love to use buttermilk in baked goods because it creates a tender crumb and also helps add How to Make Buttermilk. For this DIY buttermilk recipe, you'll need some milk and an acid. Run out of buttermilk and can't make it to the store? So, what does buttermilk actually do? That's how to make Baked buttermilk oatmeal Recipe.