The Recipe For Making Hamburger Gravy. He asked me to make hamburger gravy for him, and I found this recipe. Hamburger gravy is quick, easy to make, and delicious. This hamburger gravy is an old favorite to many of us , who remember the ground beef over rice or mashed instant potatoes of the good ol' days.
Simple Steps to Making Creamed Hamburger Gravy. Thicken gravy with the flour to the consistency you prefer. Estonian Gravy With Ground Beef Open Source Food. You can make Hamburger Gravy using 16 ingredients in 9 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Hamburger Gravy
- Fill of Beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can of peas (do not drain).
- Mix 1/4 cup of onion (chopped).
- Add 1-2 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- Insert 1 packet of brown gravy mix (I usually use McCormick's).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- Add 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Mix 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- Insert 6-8 of large white or gold potatoes.
- Add 1/2-1 stick of butter.
- Add 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Mix to taste of Salt and pepper.
Mom's Hamburger Gravy is our go-to dinner when we are short on time and starving. School hamburger gravy made by the lunch ladies is a classic. Whenever you have a hankering for It was a lunch I had remembered from elementary school. Hamburger gravy can be served over mashed potatoes, rice, or over bread, my family prefers it over mashed potatoes.
Quick Step To Make Hamburger Gravy
- Peel and chop potatoes into small equal sized pieces. Add to salted water and boil (covered) until a white rim appears around the edge of the pot and potatoes are soft. (About 30 minutes)..
- While potatoes are boiling... brown beef and then drain fat..
- Add spices and stir (salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder)..
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft. (3 minutes or so).
- Mix gravy packet with 1 cup of cold water and add into beef..
- Simmer (uncovered) until gravy thickens..
- Add peas (undrained) and continue to simmer (uncovered) on low for 5-10 minutes allowing the gravy to thicken and the dish to get hot..
- While that simmers... drain potatoes. Quickly add butter, sour cream and milk. Beat on low for a few seconds just to mix. Add additional milk or sour cream (if needed) and beat on high until mixed. Do not over beat! I continue to add small amounts of butter, sour cream or milk until the potatoes are to my liking. I add in salt and pepper at the end and give it one more quick mix with the mixer..
- Pour gravy over mashed potatoes and enjoy!.
Here is how to make hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes. Old-fashioned hamburger steak and savory onion gravy recipe. Authentic Southern recipe made "Tender hamburger patties simmered in savory brown onion gravy! Hamburger Steak and Gravy - a satisfying family-favorite meal that only uses less ingredients without compromising the taste. Made with ground beef steak and soaked in an onion mushroom gravy that. That's how to make Hamburger Gravy Recipe.