The Recipe For Making Salted Egg Yolk Lava Bun [Liu Sha Bao].
You can make Salted Egg Yolk Lava Bun [Liu Sha Bao] using 14 ingredients in 12 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Salted Egg Yolk Lava Bun [Liu Sha Bao]
- Add of Filling.
- Mix 2 of salted duck egg yolks.
- Mix 50 g of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Insert 50 g of icing sugar.
- Fill 20 g of milk powder.
- Add 20 g of custard powder.
- Mix of Dough.
- Add 150 g of warm water.
- Mix 4 g (1 tsp) of granulated sugar, for yeast.
- Add 3 g (1 tsp) of active dry yeast.
- Add 300 g of Hong Kong flour / low protein wheat flour.
- Insert 3 g (1/2 tsp) of table salt.
- Prepare 8 g (2 tsp) of granulated sugar.
- Insert 7 g (1 1/2 tsp) of vegetable oil.
Easy Way To Make Salted Egg Yolk Lava Bun [Liu Sha Bao]
- Make filling: Steam the egg yolks for 10 minutes, then mash them into fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, beat the butter until softened. Add the yolks and the remaining ingredients. Mix until smooth. Cover and refrigerate to firm for about 45 minutes..
- Divide the filling into 14 equal portions (about 13g each). Roll each into a smooth round ball. Keep them in the fridge until needed..
- Make dough: Combine warm water (about 110°F/43°C) and 4 grams of sugar. Sprinkle the yeast over. Let sit for 5-10 minutes until it gets foamy and activated..
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and 8 grams of sugar until combined. Make a well in the center. Pour in the yeast mixture and oil, then mix until the dough comes together..
- Transfer onto a work surface. Knead the dough until it becomes elastic and smooth for up to 20 minutes..
- Divide the dough into 14 equal portions (about 33g each). Roughly shape each dough into a ball. Cover and rest them for 15 minutes to relax the gluten..
- Take 1 dough. Roll out the edges keeping the center thicker. Place a portion of the chilled filling onto the center and wrap it. Tightly pinch the seam to prevent any leakage..
- Round it into a ball and place onto a piece of parchment paper. Set aside with a cover. Repeat with the rest..
- Let them sit and ferment for 45 – 60 minutes or until the size is 50% larger..
- Steam the bun over medium-low heat (or medium heat depending on your type of steamer) for 6-8 minutes. I suggest doing a test with 1 bun to determine the right timing because the filling will explode when overcooked. Also, wrap the steamer lid with a cloth to prevent water droplets on the buns while steaming..
- Wait 10 minutes after the heat is off before opening the lid. This will prevent the buns from collapsing. Serve warm to get that tasty molten filling..
That's how to make Salted Egg Yolk Lava Bun [Liu Sha Bao] Recipe.