The Recipe For Making Wheaten Bread.
You can make Wheaten Bread using 11 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Wheaten Bread
- Add 350 g of Whole Wheat Flour.
- Fill 25 g of Wheat Bran.
- Insert 25 g of Wheat Germ.
- Fill 20 g of Flaxseeds.
- Prepare 100 g of Bread Flour.
- Fill 80 g of Unsalted Butter (Chilled).
- Prepare 15 g of Kosher Salt.
- Insert 10 g of Baking Sdda.
- Insert 60 g of Honey.
- Prepare 400 ml of Cold Buttermilk.
- Add of Rolled Oats for topping (optional).
Step By Step To Make Wheaten Bread
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl..
- Add butter to dry ingredients and work the butter into the dry mixture until it is crumbly. Alternatively you can do this step in a food processor if you feel like it..
- Add honey to dry ingredients then top with buttermilk fold the buttermilk into the dry ingredients gently until no dry flour remains..
- Lightly dust a cutting board/counter with flour and dump the bread out. Shape into the loaf you desire or alternatively put into a well greased bread tin..
- Top with rolled oats if so desired. Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). From here you can bake a few ways 1) Loaf Pan 2) Baking stone 3) Dutch Oven/Cast Iron Skillet If doing the later pre-heat the vessel with the oven and be sure to lube with vegetable (or another neutral oil). I did this with a baking stone..
- Cook for 60 minutes or until the bread reaches about 200 degrees F in the center..
That's how to make Wheaten Bread Recipe.